Welcome dear listener,
Everything that you do affects your immune system. So I want to talk about staying well through the winter. And yes, I still get a head cold every winter. The difference today from years back is that instead of taking me down for a week or longer it is gone within 2 days. This is the power of the body and immune system when it is supported.
We have to remember that we are culturally creating poor immunity, it is not nature being harder on us. It is the opposite. We are not honoring nature and nature’s rhythms as a culture nor our inherent connection to it.
Here is a few things to focus on over the next few months.
- Favor flavors that are sweet, sour, and salty.
- Foods that are warming, grounding, and satisfying for a balancing affect in the body and mind.
Focus on immune health.
- Lymphatic stimulation
- Bouncing and shaking your body, dry brushing, massaging, abhyanga.
- Sweat regularly
- Sauna and exercise.
- Keep hydrated
- Keep your bowels regular
- Natures probiotics with seasonal local foods and ferments.
- Eat herbs regularly
- Cinnamon, clove, oregano, echinacea, eucalyptus, elderberry, rosemary.
- Teas, tinctures, and never forget to use the culinary herbs in your cooking each day.
- Use variety in your culinary herbs.
- Balance your body to support your mind with healthy fats and winter vegetables to keep your intestinal lining lubricated. This time of year it is even more important to ground daily with meditation.
- Dress warm. If you want to be a warm person, then make sure you are a warm person.
Thank you for listening!
Be sure to check out the website and begin the 7 day start your day right video series. This video series will help you integrate your body and your mind, setting the tone for your day. https://higherselfwellness.lpages.co/start-your-morning-right-challenge/
Download my free ebooks o the free content page.
Newsletter where I share new recipes and helpful information that you can apply to your every day life! https://higherselfwellness.lpages.co/newsletter-opt-in/
Connect with me for a complementary Wellness Strategy Session. https://higherselfwellness.lpages.co/wellness-workshop-form/
Soundtrack by DTO “Sacred Connection” DTOmusic.com
In good health,