Welcome dear listener,
We know this to be true, that your identity changes in relation to your habits. So I ask you. What are your habits that are reinforcing your beliefs around food?
Welcome to your kitchen sadhnana – the spiritual path in the kitchen. More often than not I say this in a conversation around food because it’s needed as a reminder.
“The quality of attention while eating is equally important as the quality of food you are eating.”
So here are some helpful and simple points I tend to overlook as an educator on this topic.
Is preparing food complicated, overwhelming, or intimidating?
- Then start small and don’t be afraid to try something new and mess up. In my experience, as long as you keep it simple it is hard to mess something up that dramatically.
In this long term path of your kitchen sadhana, you want to think diversification of foods, and definitely aligned with the seasons.
Let’s explore the art of nourishment and fueling yourself.
- You don’t want to be obsessed with your diet, it is supportive of, meaning it is not the path.
- Begin to think of life-force in your food, Is your food alive.
- In food, you find prana/energy, nutrients, and enzymes.
- Enzymes make the nutrients available
- Prana craves prana, as you embody higher quality prana that you acquire from yoga, you wake up to your body’s need for higher quality food.
- Which is why you may notice old patterns coming up to the surface and your old ways of doing things seem odd and out of pace. If this is the case then I want you to schedule a chat with me right here.
- Processing food to the degree that is prevalent in our culture, the prana is stripped out rendering the food DEAD, and even processed to the point of being DUMB-that begin to disrupt the communication between your cells.
- Something else to think about is limiting distractions while you prepare your food and while you eat your food. Reconnecting with the simplicity of eating and enjoying the whole experience.
- The old world processing look like preserving and fermenting which keep the prana, enzymes, and nutrient availability high.
For more information on this topic, you can join the Healthy Holiday Cooking Webinar I am hosting on 11/21 2pm PST.
Be sure to check out the website and begin the 7 day start your day right video series. This video series will help you integrate your body and your mind, setting the tone for your day. https://higherselfwellness.lpages.co/start-your-morning-right-challenge/
Download my free ebooks o the free content page.
Newsletter where I share new recipes and helpful information that you can apply to your every day life! https://higherselfwellness.lpages.co/newsletter-opt-in/
Connect with me for a complementary Wellness Strategy Session. https://higherselfwellness.lpages.co/wellness-workshop-form/
Soundtrack by DTO “Sacred Connection” DTOmusic.com
Thank you for listening.