Turmeric is undoubtedly a powerful superfood when it comes to the broad range of heath benefits on the body. From mental to physical performance, there are very few things it doesn’t help with on some level of our bodies operating system.
The point being, it’s good for you. However, what it is combined with may promote deeper absorption of the powerful compounds we are after in this root. The two biggest influences on this process is a quality fat and a compound from black pepper called piperine.
Traditional fat used is ghee, also known as clarified butter. The spices are toasted in the ghee to release aromas and lessen the bitterness from the turmeric. Other aromatic spices are added such as cardamom and cinnamon. Both of which aid in digestion and bring together a soothing blend for relaxing the whole body.
Golden milk recipe
First step make a turmeric paste.
* mix together 1/2 cup of turmeric powder, 1 cup of water
* Cool together over medium low heat for 10 minutes
* Add 1 1/2 tsp black pepper and 5 Tbs of coconut oil.
* Cook additional 1 minute then cool. Store it in the refrigerator.
Golden milk ingredients
Golden Milk Recipe
* 1/4 tsp turmeric paste
* 1 cup milk of your choice
* 1/4 tsp cinnamon
* 1/4 tsp cardamom
* Your favorite local honey to taste
* On low heat toast the turmeric paste, cinnamon and cardamom in the ghee until very aromatic. About 2 minutes.
* Add the milk and stir until well combined
* When it’s warm it’s ready
* Add honey to taste and enjoy